The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Three precious gifts

Wow. I am looking at this picture and thinking my oldest daughter Jordan will be 12 on Monday and Cameron will be 8 on Wednesday. Before we know it Kennedy will be off to school!
Where did the time go?
Somewhere in two countries there are three birhtmothers who made a choice, probably the hardest choice they would ever have to make. They chose to give their daughters life and then let them go because they loved them that much.
As I look at our beautiful daughters I would give anything if I could tell each of their birthmothers "Thank you" because of your sacrifice and unselfishness we are so very blessed.
I would want them to know how madly, deeply and unconditionally we love these three treasures. I would tell them they have three wonderful big brothers who will never, ever let them date! A dad who when he looks at them you can literally see his heart melt. And I would hug them and say "you sweet angels, thank you for my daughters. my treasures." I will raise them to be strong christians who love God, strong women who will know that when the world starts to fall down around them that God is there, always. I would let them know that they are each loved by two mothers. The one that gave them life and the other who taught them to love life."

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Elaine, this was a beautiful post. I couldn't have put those sentiments into better words myself. You spoke straight from my heart. Give our love to Kennedy and the rest of your beautiful family!

    Casey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home