The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Monday, January 22, 2007

A gleam of hope

I have been praying and I know my family and friends have also that we will get a flight out by the weekend. Well today Brad (traveling dad) went and to see if he could exchange his tickets from next Monday to this Friday when we are suppose to get our visa, and he got them! This is the small gleam of hope we needed. So tommorow I am going to see if we have a chance of getting on the same flight. That means we would get home Saturday! I would very much appreciate your prayers.
We have no doubt Gods timing is perfect and we will get home. I am just so anxious to get Kennedy home and to see my husband and children. I am a pretty tough cookie but this cookie is ready to crumble from missing them so badly.
Tomorrow night we go see the water puppets. Both Kennedy and Kien are feeling a little bit under the weather right now, so any other adventures we will play by ear.
I would love to sight see more but that may not be in the cards this trip. I came here to bring my daughter home and that is my main focus. She is a remarkable little girl and is doing better than I ever imagined.
Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments. They mean the world to me and I look forward to reading them.
Ms. Kennedy is waking up from her nap so I will post later.


7 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Elaine,
    I am so glad to know that you are doing alright and that the visas will be ready so soon. I will pray for you to be able to leave at the end of the week. I hope the water puppet show is fun. Also, we will pray for Kennedy and Kien to feel better. Hang in there, Tough Cookie! Remember, you are mom to Mighty One!!!! Love, Kim

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Elaine~ I will be praying that you get home SOOO soon! I can only imagine (and anticipate!) how difficult it is to be away from your family for so long. Kennedy is so precious, as I'm certain you know!

    Laura from the Dillon boards

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine, I pray you are able to get home on that earlier flight. I'm sure you miss your family like crazy! Meanwhile, I hope you are enjoying Hanoi and pray the remainer of the process goes smoothly! Take care...

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine,

    We're praying for you, and we know that the Lord's is protecting you, Kennedy and your family. He has brought you so far!

    Here's my favorite verse:

    So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your
    God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my
    righteous right hand.
    Isa. 41: 10

    Duke & Stacey

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll be praying for you guys to get home this weekend! I can at least tell you that when we flew home (on EVA) the flight from Hanoi to Taipei was pretty full but the flight from there to San Francisco was at least 1/2 empty. We had an entire middle row to ourselves and the two entire rows behind us were empty. Maybe the same will be true for you guys and it won't be any trouble to get seats. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. We were so tired by the time we made it to Hanoi, we didn't do the Ha Long Bay trip, either. We'll do it when we take our children back one day though - maybe we'll do it together!! Love, Casey

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Oh, I really hope and pray you can come home at the end of this week. We found that miracles really do happen with airline tickets! It looks like the weather is going to be nice for your arrival. You are tough and you are taking it all in stride. Keep your chin up!!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aunt Elaine ~ Glad you are enjoying your time there. We will continue to keep you both in our prayers. Mom has been calling everyday and I have been reading your blogs to her over the phone. She is anxious for you both to come home! We love all the pics!
    Love, Joy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home