The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

This girl we call Mighty One


Mighty One never ceases to amaze me. She loves to eat, loves the ac, loves baths, loves ice cream, she feeds herself (insist on it) and is potty trained, now take away her cherrios and she is a force to reckon with! Her vice is her bottle at nap time. I wouldn't take it from her right now for anything in the world. We will work on that when we get home.
Tonight I heard her singing in Vietnamese, so I grabbed my cam and recorded her. It was so beautiful. Then earlier she looked at me and lifted her arms and I picked her up, she put her head on my chest so I rocked back and forth with her humming and she fell asleep. It was so awesome. She is learning words. The vietnamese who watch her eat or talk tell me she if very kind and smart. Like I didn't know that?!
How in the world do you thank God for a gift such as Mighty One? Thank you seems so inadequate. But we are thankful and grateful and I know God knows this.
Thank you God for my precious gifts, Mike, Michael, Cody, Dustin, Jordan, Cameron, Kennedy, Jaylon & Amiya.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine,
    It is so amazing to see Mighty One with you and to read how well she is doing. I know she will be bring much joy to your entire family!
    She is so pretty!
    Praying for your process to go smoothly and for a safe trip.
    Love,
    Kim

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a sweet picture. I know what all the experts say about the nighttime bottle, but she looks so peaceful and content...just gotta love it. :)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Love the picture! The bottle seems to be a vice for all these kids. We didn't take control of Sarah's until after we were home, so I have many pictures of Sarah in bed that look like yours. Love it! We're bracing for round 2 of winter's wrath this weekend, so enjoy the tropics.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's great to hear that she's doing so well! She looks absolutely precious sleeping with that little ponytail! I pray the rest of your trip goes well and you're home soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home