The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What a day!

I can't beleive this beautiful child God has blessed us with. If you say her name in V.N. it is pronounced My T one ....Mighty one. She already calls me Ma which is mom in VN. She has a smile that will light up the world and smart!!! Oh my gosh, unbeleivalbe! She is incredible. I am trying to load a picture but of course I will have to wait until I get back to Ho Chi Minh. It isn't working here. Heather your right this hotel in Ninh Thuan is unbeleivable! I told Jynger I am not sure I want to come home. I feel like a queen. As if this day could not be more perfect, Thomas arranged a birthday party for me with all the G&R staff and most of the staff from the orphanage. Something like 30 people were there. It was incredible! I received 2 long stem bouqete of the most beautiful flowers and a gift. I felt like Ms. America. Oh and a cake that was gorgeous! We found out it was also Phoungs birthday, she is part of the Dillon Staff here. Kennedy loved it. Her nanny was here and held her the whole time. Well I need to get Mighty One to bed. I will try to post pictures later.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Elaine, I am so happy for you.
    Happy belated birthday! I cannot believe you are finally Kennedy's mommy. I know you must be pinching yourself with the all that is surreal in terms of being in VN, with Kennedy and having a BIG birthday party! God bless and we can't wait to see her picture when you get back to HCMC!
    Love, Kim

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Neil, Amy and The Girls said…

    It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! That is so neat they had a birthday party for you. Happy Birthday! Have fun with your My T one :o) I can't wait to see her picture! God is so good!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am beyond excited for your family!!!!! Our Vietnamese princess (aka Kennedy's good friend, Olivia) was just looking at pictures of her yesterday and smiling and saying what I now know is her Vietnamese name! I'm glad she's happy and doing well. Her smile can light up a room, can't it?! Enjoy the rest of your stay in Ninh Thuan. You'll definitely miss it when you're back in Saigon. Can't wait to see pictures!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Yeah! I'm so glad you posted an update - I have been checking back constantly! Happy birthday! The people there are so sweet, it doesn't surprise me that they would treat you to a birthday party. Yes, enjoy living in the lap of luxury (for a while).

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Oh Elaine, Congratulations! I'm so excited...Glad things are going so well. Enjoy Ninh Thuan!!! and Happy Birthday! Love, Susie

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine I'm so incredibly happy for you! How neat that they threw you a birthday party. I hope Mighty One is doing well. ;)

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Again today Olivia was looking at Kennedy's picture saying My over and over again. It's so nice to finally know that's her name! Even though you can now look at her in person, I just added a picture of Kennedy with us in VN to our blog if you would like to see it. I have lots of people praying for you guys! I hope you make it home in record time!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's awesome! We really excited for you. What an adventure. We're praying for you. Please keep the updates coming.

    Duke & Stacey

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. Stacey says Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine - I love the blog, and the fact we can vicariously experience your joy! I can't wait to see pictures and an SO excited for you and all the Bayer's. We sure hope you arrive back in T-town at a time we can make it to the airport. Keep the updates coming and God Bless! Paige, Bill, & boys

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so very happy for you! What a wonderful week!!

    Elisabeth (we met a few weeks ago at Dillon, my baby is waiting for me in Vinh Long)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home