The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello Hanoi

What a difference. It is hard to beleive we are still in Vietnam. Hanoi is totally different from Ho Chi Minh City. Tonnie you are right it has more of a cosmopolitan feel to it and it is much cooler here. The hotel is great. We have a balcony that overlooks this beautiful street. Only draw back is we have to walk up 4 flights of stairs to our room!
Kennedy gets more precious everyday. Yesterday she came up to me, touched my cheek and said "Oanh youn ma" the spelling is wrong but she was saying "Oahn loves mama." I say this to every day, Ma youn Oanh" and she just smiles. She is so smart. I was showing her pictures of Olivia and she smiled from ear to ear and said her VN name! So tonight she was sitting there and starting naming the names of the four boys she knew at Ninh Thuan. We played with them when we were there. It was kind of bitter sweet. I wonder what her little mind was thinking.
She is so loving and funny. And she did great on the airplane ride. She even tried to buckle my seatbelt.
I can't wait to get her home! Only thing is we went to dinner at a missionaires house the other day and they had a dog the size of a peanut and it terrified her. I hate to see what happens when she sees our dog, he is huge!
Well it has been a very long day. I need some sleep

5 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Neil, Amy and The Girls said…

    Kennedy sounds so sweet. I am so happy things are going so well for you guys! Thanks for keeping us updated!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am tickled that she was saying Olivia's Vietnamese name! I hope that you guys are able to get your visas next Friday and get tickets home. The first two weeks in VN aren't bad, but by the beginning of the third week, you just want to go home as quickly as possible. I'm still praying for you and can't wait to see Kennedy and Olivia together again. As for pets, Olivia has come to love our inside cat, but she is still terrified of our dogs. Luckily both of ours live outside but she squeals (unhappily) and runs around the yard hiding behind me to get away from them. There were several small dogs running around outside the orphanage while we were there so it's not that they've never seen them. Hmmmm. Very peculiar. Regardless, hurry home!!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine,
    What special and precious moments you are having with Kennedy. Even though I know you are missing your kiddos at home, it is special time to spend with your new daughter one-on-one. I hoped you would enjoy Hanoi. It is quite different from HCMC. Can't wait to read your next post.
    God grant you patience this week!
    Kim

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you made it to Hanoi safe and sound. Kennedy sounds as sweet as ever :)

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Enjoy Hanoi and the shopping in the old quarter. A change of scenery is a very good thing. Hope you get to do some awesome sight-seeing while you are there. I think that the northern part of VN is just beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home