The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A little delay

Thomas just called and said we will not have an appointment with for the interview until next Thursday. That is the day we planned on leaving for home. So with that in mind we will suck it up and go with the flow. We are going to go ahead and fly to Hanoi Saturday. We are all ready for a change of scenery. There is Gods grace in all of this. I believe the embassy is only open Mon-Wed. The fact that we have an appointment on Thursday is a miracle, they made an exception for us and we will possibley be able to pick up our visa friday and fly out. So with that said we are asking for prayer. Myself, Kennedy and my mother n law are flying stand by and word is that flights are booked trying to get out So we need some prayer for that also.
I miss my family so much and I need to get home.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Neil, Amy and The Girls said…

    I am sorry to hear that your appointment is scheduled later than you had hoped. I will be praying that you make all of your flights going home! Thanks for keeping us all updated!!! I love the pictures of your beautiful daughter!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine,
    I know you will make the best of the situation. I know you are missing your family and I am praying for all of you.
    I hope you can enjoy Hanoi. Try to see the water puppet show if you can! The shopping is very unique there, too.
    Hang in there, Elaine!
    Love, Kim

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry your appt is scheduled later than planned, but thankful that it IS scheduled. And this is the 2nd appointment I've heard of taking place later in the week. Maybe the embassy is finally increasing their availability? Lets hope and pray! :)

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Elaine,
    Since you are going to be in Hanoi for a while, ask Thomas to put you in touch with his friend (hue - that is how it is pronounced). She is an awesome tour guide. I think you would really enjoy going to Dry Ha Long Bay (Tam Coc) AND Ha Long Bay. They are both day trips and will make your stay very memorable. You will definitly experience God's majestic works in both places! And, shop some more! Hope to see you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home