The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Good Bye Saigon

Tomorrow we leave Saigon for Hanoi. It has been incredible here. The people and their culture is amazing. We have been treated like royalty everywhere we go except when we cross the street then you are own your own. It will be bitter sweet. It feelslike home at the Kim Do. Everyone here knows us and they know we are leaving tomorrow and they are sad. We had a farewell dinner tonight with the Dillon staff and we all got kind of teary eyed. They are so incredible! I may work for Dillon but I don't beleive you could find anyone anywhere like the staff here in Vietnam. The are amazing and I will miss them terribly.
Recomendation when you are here go to the new Pizza Hut at the Diamond Department Store on the 4th floor. I would love to get this kind of service at a 5 star restaurant in Oklahoma! I promised Tuan or Tony as we called him that I would tell all of our families about them. They were great! So here is to Tony and the staff at Pizza Hut for making some weary travelers feel at home.
Please continue to pray for us as we travel. Tickets are hard to find. God has been good to us and I have no doubt He will get us home soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know how bittersweet it is to leave from HCMC. It sounds like you have made some amazing connections there. You will always have great stories to tell Kennedy!
    I am praying that you will find some seats so you can head home on schedule next week. Enjoy Hanoi and I hope you can see some of the sights in the northern part of VN!
    Love, Kim

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Elaine! I am so excited to catch up on your journey. I, also, celebrated a birthday in Vietnam- what a precious gift you are receiving this year! Kennedy is absolutely perfect. God bless you and your time in Vietnam. Love, Erin L.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Safe travels Elaine! I can't wait to hear all about Hanoi. And thanks for the heads up on Pizza Hut. I will definitely be checking it out! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home