The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Last post from Vietnam



I hope. This afternoon we go for our visa interview and tomorrow they said we could pick them up. With that said anything can happen but hopefully we will be heading to the airport Friday afternoon.
As this part of the journey comes to an end I marvel at God and His perfect timing. He knew Kennedy was waiting on us. And though it was hard looking at her picture for nine months He knew when the perfect time was for us to travel. She was ready for us at this time. Somehow in ways we can't explain only that it was God the money came together, the crew at home survived without me and I was able to experience this wonderful country.
We know Gods timing is perfect but we still want immediate results. Then after our prayers are answered we look back in awe at His perfect timing. I hope someday I learn to enjoy the wait.
With that said and if it is His will we will be home sometime Saturday afternoon.
Your prayers, warm thoughts and best wishes have been felt and appreciated so much. Good bye Vietnam.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are so right Elaine...it all happens with perfect timing. Thank you for sharing your journey. You will be in my prayers for a safe return home!!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Look at that baby doll, Elaine!!! I'm so happy for you, for your family - and for the rest of us that will get to experience knowing Kennedy here. You will be in Saturday afternoon? I wish I could be at the airport party, but I think it will conflict with my parent's anniversary party. Our prayers go out for a safe flight home. Godspeed!

    The Homans

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God is awesome!! That picture of Kennedy is so precious! I know you must be thrilled to be so close to traveling home. I am glad you had such a great experience in Vietnam. I can't wait to go :o)

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll be praying all goes well and you get flights home as planned! I can't wait to see pictures of Kennedy at home with her whole family!!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elaine,
    I am hoping and praying that you are somewhere enroute home! I know God's timing will be perfect again for your homecoming. Thank you for the joy and privilege of sharing your journey to Kennedy with us. We know your heart is full and that you will be processing the trip for days, weeks, months and years. WELCOME HOME...ALMOST! Love, Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home