The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

When love takes you in


Steven Curtis Chapman has a song about adoption and one line says "When love takes you in everything changes." Oh how true.

When God laid adoption on my heart again a couple of years ago I was terrified. My thoughts were I am to old, we can't afford another adoption, no room at the inn, blah, blah, blah. My husband just said no! But God kept after my heart and I kept after my husband. As God continued to work on my heart I knew without a doubt there was a little girl somewhere out there waiting for us. A year ago this month my husband said "Babe lets go for it. " A few evenings later I am at our excercise group at church laying on the ground doing situps and I look up and I see Jesus smiling at me holding this precious little girl. See this picture of Mike and Kennedy? Except for the fact Mike isn't Jesus, this is the exact vision I saw. He had revealed our daughter to me. She was in Vietnam and now she is home. Our precious Kennedy Grace. My sister took this picutre and thought it was blurry but I thought it was perfect. Kennedy has taken us in. All of us and those who have met her are madly in love. Yes love has taken us in and everything has changed. Someone asked me today if this was it. We have no clue that is up to God. Someone asked my sister why didn't we adopt in America? Simple that is not where God lead us. He knew long ago before we existed how our children would come to us , through birth and adoption He had it all planned. We just had to be faithful. What blessings we would have missed had we not listened to His plans for our lives. I marvel as I watch this little girl she hasn't missed a beat since she came home. I do have one concern, she is potty trained, walks, feeds herself she is a very independent little lady. But if her dad, brothers and sisters don't stop carrying her everywhere and feeding her I am afraid she will revert! As I sit back and watch my crew watch the Super Bowl I can't help but wonder what in the world I ever did to deserve such blessings.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Oh my goodness Elaine! She looks so beautiful, happy and content in her Daddy's arms. These little ones definitely do take us in and change everything. This was a beautiful post. We are so blessed! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger reykelly2 said…

    Hey sis. What a wonderful post. For reasons you know I was apprehensive (the only word I can think of) to meet this little one. All I can say is wow! She is amazing. (Like all your children)It's hard to explain but it is like she is where she is suppose to be and fits your family like a glove. If that makes sense. While I was visiting the other day I was watching you with your three adopted beautiful, wonderful girls. You are truly blessed. I can not imagine our family without them. I have to admit I was one who was worried about you adopting another young one. I don't see how you do all that you do now. Then your little one comes to you independent charming and ready to be loved. Yes God's perfect plan. You and Mike your whole family are wonderful people. Love you all!
    #4

     

Post a Comment

<< Home