The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Goodbye my friend

Yesterday we lost a dear friend. In respect for the families privacy I will not print his name. Many who read this blog will know who I am speaking of. In honor of my friend I would like to say a few words about him.
He was a good guy with a big heart. He was the strong silent type. He was kind. He didn't speak often but when he did speak it needed to be said. He was a great husband and awesome dad.
A few months ago we were doing prayer request in our sunday school class. My friend requested prayer for a couple of his friends first, then came his prayer request for himself, he had been diagnosed with cancer. This was how he was, others first, then himself. When he made this announcement in class we were devestated. We cried, he cried and we hugged him and prayed for him. Of course our prayer was for healing, but God had other plans for my friend. He is not hurting anymore. He is with his Lord and Savior whom he loved very much.
We will see him again someday in heaven, but for now we are left on earth with our broken hearts yet knowing he is where God wants him to be.
My husband and I feel very honored to have know this wonderful, kind man. Him and his wife helped us in our journey to Kennedy in many ways. They were both so excited for us. I wish he could have seen her.
Goodby my friend until we meet in heaven.

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! amen. 2 Peter 3:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home