The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sisters

There is something to be said about sisters. I am the oldest of five girls so I know what I am talking about. I was watching my daughters the other day. They are so beautiful and special in their own way.
Jordan is quiet, shy and very smart. You can tell she is the oldest because she "mothers" her younger sisters. She loves to help me cook, is eager to help any of us and loves to talk about Korea and how one day she may go back to teach. Either way teaching and missions are something she is planning for her future. She has always been and "old soul" and continues to amaze us. For being such a quiet one she is one to be reckoned with on the soccer field. An awesome defender. Did I mention she was recoginized as a "Principals Scholar?"
Now Ms. Cameron, she is a character! This child who came to us at 15 months old was not suppose to walk and possibly be developmently delayed. Are you kidding me?! Besides being highly intellegent, she is witty and funny and so loving. People love to here about her "cameronisims" She crack everyone up and can she give you a look, ouch. She loves life and everything it has to offer. She has a beautiful voice and is a DIVA and proud of it. I look at her and can't beleive this is the little girl we brought home who couldn't even sit up. In Camerons words "look at me now mom!"
Kennedy has been a suprise to say the least. We thougth there would be at least one issue. This child is amazing! We can't sit at the dinner table with out this precious child making sure we all bow our heads to say prayer. Today I put in a cd I picked up in Vietnam. The minute she heard the woman start singing her eyes lit up, she smiled so big and started speaking in vietnamese! Then she picked up the cd and said "Oahns" and smiled and just kept looking at the womans picture. It is sad in a way. I hate to see her lose that part of her. She thinks about Ninh Thuan. When I show her pictures she gets kind of a faraway look in her eyes and gets quiet.
She is so sensitve, smart and loveable. But if you make her mad, watch out!
My three sons love these girls so much! They are so proud of them and very protective. If they have their way the girls will never date! They would do anything for them. Mike and I are so blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home