The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

September 4th 2007

September 4th, 2007 is the day my baby boy leaves home and heads for boot camp. May 19th, 2007 he signed on to become a Marine. He is my hero. I thought adoption put you through a ton of emotions! Knowing your son is going to be a Marine is hard on this moms heart. I am proud, scared but at peace, I want to ring his neck and hug it at the same time! He is doing what he wants to do. More important he is doing what he feels he was meant to do. So when you think of Dustin and all of our men and women who have made a choice to fight not only for our freedom but for the freedom of others please lift them up in prayer.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Elaine, I will keep Dustin in my thoughts. My "baby" brother served 4 years in the Army (82nd Airborne) and had tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. It was hard as a sister to emotionally handle this, I can only imagine what's going on in your heart and head as a mother. My prayers are with you and your whole family!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home