The Journey to Kennedy

This is about our daughter Kennedy Grace in Vietnam and the journey to bring her home.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What will she think?

Some of Kennedy's friends will be leaving the orphanage this month. Their parents got the long awaited call that it was time to go and bring their children home. I am so happy for them. I love reading their emails about the "call." You can almost hear them. I wonder what Kennedy will think when she looks around and her friends are no longer there. Will she go looking for them? Can she ask someone, as well as a two year old can where they are? Will she cry?
I wish there was a way I could let her know that it won't be much longer until we get the "call" and it will be her turn.
This makes me think of all the children left behind everyday. They must think "maybe next time it will be me." I wish there was a way I could tell every child on this earth who does not have a home or a family that there is someone who loves them. He gave them life and He loves them very much.
This is the beginning of National Adoption Month. My prayer is that someday every child on this planet will have a family to love them and that their new family will tell them about God our Father, everyones Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home